Both the National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage are increasing from 1st April 2020. The new rates are as follows:
• National Living Wage for 25 and over £8.72
• National Minimum Wage for 21 – 24 £8.20
• National Minimum Wage for 18 – 20 £6.45
• National Minimum Wage for school leavers under 18 £4.55
• Apprentice Minimum Wage for 18 – 20 £4.15
Additionally, there are other updates from the Good Work Plan which are due to come into effect in April, these include:
• Contracts of employment to be given on or before the first day of employment (6th April)
• The length of time to break service is increasing from one week to one month.
• Holiday calculations for those on flexible hours, zero hours or casual hours is changing from 12 weeks to 52 weeks.
• Parental Bereavement Leave is being introduced; this is two-week paid leave for parents who suffer the loss of a child under the age of 18.
• SSP, Maternity Pay and Paternity Pay are all being increased as well.
Contact The HR Team today if you would like help with updating your current HR documentation to reflect these recent changes.